The Pilsen Wellness Center, Inc. is now providing a state-of-the-art, non-invasive, non-drug depression treatment with the NeuroStar Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy® system on an outpatient basis. Headquartered at 2600 Ridgeland Avenue in Berwyn, Illinois, the Pilsen Wellness Center offers this innovative depression treatment option for patients who fail to receive adequate benefit from antidepressant medication.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is the first U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved, non-drug treatment for major depressive disorder (MDD) and is administered with a device that resembles a comfortable medical chair. This revolutionary new treatment works by stimulating areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with severe depression. The therapy is a safe outpatient procedure that does not require sedation or anesthesia and produces no side effects.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy:
- Uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses
- Stimulates key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression
- Is conducted in the therapist’s office
Facts about NeuroStar TMS Depression Treatment:
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
- In-office treatment takes 37 minutes
- Treatment is typically administered 3-5 days a week for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
View video interview about TMS Depression Therapy: View Video Link (Spanish/Español)
NeuroStar TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone. Talk to a TMS Therapy specialist to discuss how this proven depression treatment can help and whether it is right for you via phone 708.317.5926 or email TMStherapy@pilsenwellnesscenter.org.